SAEP’s Arts Outreach programme works with learners from three high schools in Philippi to provide arts workshops in a variety of artistic disciplines, including visual art, music, dance and drama.
In all of our Arts Outreach programme’s projects we
- Increase access to the arts and opportunities for artistic expression
- Promote increased knowledge, participation & pride in South African art forms
- Expose learners to professional artwork and performances
- Introduce learners to professional opportunities for tertiary study in arts
- Increase racial integration and cultural exchange amongst communities
- Inspire creativity through self-expression
Highlights and Outcomes from 2016
59 learners across 4 artistic discipline (dance, music, art and drama)
9 external performances and outings
With the ethos of educating the “whole learner,” the SAEP Arts Outreach programme seeks to provide a space for creative expression and personal growth outside of the regular school day. We strive to inspire our learners through the arts and encourage the use of art as a tool for developing the skills needed for personal and professional success.
If it was not for the SAEP Arts programme, I would be up to no good in the township after school
My confidence has grown since I took part in the SAEP Arts programme. I am now confident to aim higher than ever. I now plan to apply to Stellenbosch University to continue with my Drama training
SAEP has earned me respect amongst my people in the community