SAEP seeks to recruit a Fundraising Officer, based in Cape Town.
The successful candidate will join our fundraising team to work on a wide range of fundraising tasks, including prospect research, proposal writing, donor reporting, individual fundraising and campaigns.
Report to: SAEP’s Development and Fundraising Manager
Salary: R12 000 to R14 000 depending on qualifications and experience.
Closing date for applications: Monday 1 May 2017
- Research funding prospects and generate leads
- Develop compelling funding applications and donor reports
- Implement fundraising campaigns and events
- Communicate with individual donors, and acknowledge of receipt of donations
- Maintain and develop SAEP’s fundraising database
- Engage with and give input into SAEP’s fundraising strategy, funding projections and fundraising-related admin work
- Relevant qualifications relating to fundraising OR demonstrated equivalent informal learning and experience. Experience is not an essential requirement for candidates with relevant qualifications. Likewise, qualifications are not essential requirements for candidates with relevant experience
- Writing skills, with proven ability to use language to engage, inspire and persuade
- Self-starter who takes initiative, works independently and delivers high quality results
- Time-management skills, with meticulous attention to detail
- Creative research skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- ICT and Microsoft Office skills, including Excel
- Passionate about giving young people a brighter future, and for working within the non-profit sector
Preference will be given to candidates who can demonstrate the following desired skills over and above the above requirements:
- An understanding of nonprofit organisational functioning, and how fundraising fits within the broader organisational context
- Experience producing print publications
- Database administration and development – knowledge of Salesforce.com a plus
- Experience working in or strong knowledge of the education sector in South Africa
- A valid driver’s license
How to apply
To apply, submit your application to email@example.com
- Your CV
- In your covering email, motivate in no more than 200 words why you are the best candidate for the Fundraising Officer position
- Using the information available on SAEP’s website and documents available for download, compile a concept proposal according to the guidelines in the fictitious call for concept proposals below. Write the proposal as if you are already a Fundraising Officer at SAEP and you are seeking funding for one of SAEP’s programmes
Please note that applications that do not contain a 200-word motivation and a concept proposal will not be considered.
[PLEASE NOTE: THIS IS NOT A REAL CALL FOR CONCEPT FUNDING PROPOSALS. IT IS ENTIRELY FICTITIOUS, AND HAS BEEN CREATED SOLELY FOR THE PURPOSES OF SAEP’S FUNDRAISING OFFICER APPLICATION PROCESS]
Call for concept proposals: South African Youth Advancement Fund
The South African Youth Advancement Fund [not a real organisation or funding body] is inviting established non-profit organisations to apply for funding for projects that assist youth to access employment or further education. We will consider projects that capacitate youth with skills, knowledge and support to overcome barriers to finding employment or accessing education opportunities.
To apply, please submit a concept proposal of no longer than one page by 1 May 2017. Please submit the concept proposal as part of your application for SAEP’s Fundraising Officer. The concept proposal should contain the following information:
• An introduction to your organisation
• The project’s intended outcomes
• The activities and methodology you will use to achieve those outcomes
• The amount you are requesting and over what time period
• The concept proposal should be compiled on your organisation’s letterhead